Hello lovelies 🙂
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have actually been sick most of it so haven’t really done much of anything to be honest. I have bronchitis and it’s really knocked me on my rear end.
Moving on……. So the other day I posted that red and black tulle pettiskirt I made and I mentioned that I’d have to make a skirt to go with it. Well I became a little motivated yesterday and picked out some fabric and did a pre-wash. Aaaaaand that was as far as I got lol.
So today after sitting around on my backside wallowing in my germ infested self pity until about midday 😉 I again found a shred of motivation. Grabbed the fabric out of the dryer and managed draw, cut and sew the whole skirt in about 3 hours lol. Pitiful I know. I mean I am not the fastest sewer on the planet on my best day but I had a couple of phone calls and numerous coughing fits in the time period……yeah yeah blah blah poor me *blows raspberry*.
Now I do apologise for my crappy photos. My hubby does the best he can in the poor lighting on my iPhone. When I become rich I will hire a proper photographer lol.
Cutting out fabric
Front shot with pettiskirt underneath
Side shot with pettiskirt
And here is a couple without the pettiskirt underneath
All in all I am pretty happy with it. It’s super comfy. And I think I’ll make a few more. Just need to tweak my measurements a tad.
Thanks again for reading and hope to share some more soon 🙂 bye for now xx
In the past few years since I’ve found my femininity along with my self confidence in my figure, I have begun wearing a lot of skirts and dresses. If I ever decided to show my collection of sewing patterns you will see my obsession reflected in this. I have hundreds 🙂 lol.
I also really admire 50’s and Rockabilly styling. It’s definitely a style that suits plus size figures. So I’ve decided to try and add a few more pieces to my wardrobe. First starting with a pettiskirt. I’ll be perfectly honest and say I have never actually worked with tulle before so it was a bit of a learning curve for me. I also didn’t use a pattern. But I looked at about 50 different tutorials on Pinterest. Though none really suited plus sizes in the type of skirt I wanted. So after winging it, it didn’t turn out too bad but I know what I would do different next time.
Here is the finished result (sorry for the messy sewing room).
I ended up with a two tier skirt alternating in black and red. On the lower edge of the skirt I did a tight red ruffle on the black and vice versa on the red.
So now all I have to do is make some skirts so stay tuned 😉
Oh and a big welcome to my new followers 🙂 thanks for your support
In fine form as always my work decided what better way to celebrate Black Friday or Friday the 13th than to have yet another dress up day for a bit of fun (not that I’m complaining) 🙂
Anyhow, after much deliberation and asking for suggestions from my Facebook friends and sewing groups I decided to just go to spotty (Spotlight) and let the fabric do it’s magic…..$150 later I walked out with 7 metres of black velvet, 8m silver satin, 4m red satin, 4m of black lace, 4m each of red and black tulle, a couple if patterns and god know what else LOL. lucky is was 40% off fabric that day 🙂 SCORE.
So I decided that no matter what I dressed as it was going to have a cape.
I went with option B which is the black one.
I had a 4 day weekend so I decided that I’d focus on my costume since I had the time for a change. Well let’s just say I barely got the cape done. I learnt a lesson that weekend. Stretch velvet and non stretch satin don’t play nicely when it come to lining up pieces and sewing. I got it together in the end but it certainly was not to my standard in quality. But it did the job. And since I only got the cape made in the end I just went with a vampire. I figured you can’t go wrong. And boy was it funny how many customers I made jump when they got a load of me that day hehehe 🙂
All in all a fun day at work 🙂 hope your all having a great week
Bye for now xx